Location: Jupiter, FL
The R&D Formulator is responsible for bringing new products to the market through research, lab trials, and validation. Critical day-to-day responsibilities will focus on formulation development of solid dose and liquid veterinary products. An essential player on new customer project teams, the R&D Formulator will work collaboratively across departments to execute new product launches from ideation to scale-up. The R&D Formulator reports to the Technical Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers and internal resources to develop and launch new products and support existing products.
- Play a lead role in bringing products to market, analyzing and developing formulations and processes.
- Prioritize project activities and technical support needed to ensure consistency with customer needs, business strategy and commercial pipeline.
- Work with customers and internal resources to provide timely updates on R&D activities vs. project timelines; manage time and efforts to hit critical R&D milestones in product launches.
- Proactively problem solve formulation issues and bring options to customers.
- Work closely with Supply Chain on material sourcing, including new materials and sample requests.
- Understand product category profitability and customer profitability when designing formulations. Work with Sales to price formulations and adjust as needed based on customer and/or category target prices.
- Author master batch records, SDS, and process validation protocols and reports.
- Lead role in process validation initiatives as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred), in Science or related field, or a minimum of 5 years of applicable work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in R&D formulation of solid dose products; specific experience with soft chews is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with bringing new products to market
- Strong knowledge of common pharmaceutical raw materials, their applications, and the principles of formulation development
- Proactive and independent worker with strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including GMP
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Computer skills in MS Office, JMP or equivalent
- High degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail